This morning before Philllip left for work, he woke me up to say goodbye. (He left before 6:30). When he did, he told me there was snow on the ground and that we had accumulated a couple of inches or so. I wanted to look at it with him before he left, so I got up and looked out the window. I could hardly believe it. I mean- its October! And the snow actually stayed on the ground. And unlike SD where my sister lives, (http://www.stories-of-seven.blogspot.com/) it WONT be 65 next week and sunny. Let me help you understand. Snow stays in MN until April or sometimes May. If it starts in October, that means we have SEVEN, 7, siete, sieben, S-E-V-E-N months of snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just thought you might like to know that.
Disclaimer: this is not to be used as a discouragement to come and visit. There are lots of fun snow activities and joys of winter. For those of us that LIVE here, it just gets a bit long to spread those joys and activites for seven months.
And below is what I saw this morning:
Our little house in Aurora. A little different than the last tour I gave you huh?
Phil's car warming up for his drive to work.
After he had left me for the day. Back home at 3:30! :)


Our summer patio furniture... didn't get it winterized in time...
our entrance
Our back step
3 comments:
Cool post, Helaine!!! Can't believe you got up and went outside at 6:30!! Way to sacrifice for your blog=)
wow! we got snow, too, but not as much as you guys! FUN! did it make u sing c-mas songs!? heehee! way to be an early bird! love u!
I listened to Christmas music all day! :)
Post a Comment