Thursday, October 22, 2009

Wednesday Fish Fry

In the northern woods, you often see signs for 'Friday Fish Fry'. This is as a result of those in the Catholic religion not eating meat on fridays. Well, we didn't do a Friday fish fry, but since for us baptists wednesday is a religious day-we went to prayer meeting- we did it then. (P.S. that much though did not actually go into it. Phil just was home early and volunteered to make it.) We deep fried the fish (walleye and crappy (cr-aw-ppee)) in a cajun batter that was actually quite good. I also attempted to make french fries in the oven.... need to perfect the recipe. Anyway, I'll try to make the next post not about food...

3 comments:

Jess said...

ur making me hungry with all this food! mmm - mmm - good! :D

Alisha said...

The french fries look yummy and so does the fish....did the fries not turn out so good?

Helaine DeMarte said...

nah- they weren't crispy.. I'll have to perfect the recipe before you come. :)