Most of you reading this post will know the history behind what I am going to say.. and there is a lot, but suffice it to say, I am starting a new chapter in my life.
In light of that, I am going to tell you about my friend Phillip DeMarte. God has blessed me with a friend like him. He consistently points me to Christ and is an example to me of a person recognizing his imperfections, but willing to humbly be changed by God. He often shares verses with me, and we talk of God and his work in our lives a lot.
Phillip has surrendered to serving the Lord with his whole life, and is currently following God's leading to missions work in the country of Chile. While he prepares for that ministry, he is serving in his home church, Grace and Truth Bible Church, MN, as youth leader and servant.
So how did we meet? Phillip went to school with 2 of my brothers, Kendrick and Chad and my brother-in-law Matthew. He worked with them all as well in construction during those years. Kendrick introduced us due to Phillip's interest in Northland.
In between then and now, is a long story, but not important for this post.
2 weekends ago, I flew back from Christmas Break, and he came to pick me up from the airport. We had a fun weekend, and agreed to continue getting to know each other and to pursue a relationship. At this point we are trusting God's leading in each of our lives and striving to know HIM more as we know each other more. God has been faithful to both of us and we are excited to see how he leads us in the future.
So far, we have this one picture, so it will have to do. :)
3 comments:
ooooo!!!! love that picture:) you guys are seriously SO CUTE!!! love you girl!
i just can't stop being so excited about this all!!! eeeehh! YAY! woohoo! ;) heehee! u guys r such a cute couple!
Yes, I'm reading your blog! I'm just rubbish at leaving comments cos I'm not registered with blogger. Will try it this time, see if it works...x
Post a Comment