Friday, January 30, 2009

My sister wrote a post on her blog about brothers. I stole the idea.
She began by saying that she grew up with one brother, and was given 2 more after college. I was on the other side. I grew up with those two...
And so this weekend being milestones for both of them, I decided to share a little about it.
My older brother, Lincoln, celebrated his birthday on Jan 25th. He is older than me by 6 years almost exactly, so has always been someone to look up to. I am thankful for the way he has looked after me, and been everything a big brother needed to be.
Lincoln is married to Sheena, and they live in Scotland with their dear children. Layla is 2 and Elijah just a few months old. I have yet to see either of them, but look forward to that this spring hopefully.

Happy Birthday Lincoln! I love you so much!



Our family had another milestone this weekend. Kendrick, the family 'baby' shipped off to Basic Training for the Marine Corps. It is hard to believe, and yet its true. Below is an exerpt from Alisha's post on the matter:

At exactly midnight last night, 11pm California time, our phone rang. Matthew answered and this is almost exactly what we heard,

"This is Kendrick Rozelle. I have safely arrived at MCRD in San Diego where I will be until April 24th. The next time you hear from me will be by mail in about 2 to 3 weeks. I am in good health. This is Kendrick Rozelle."

That was it! Barked out loud and clear we heard him for less than 30 seconds and he hung up the phone. No chance to ask him if he was OK, no chance to tell him we had been praying and would continue to do so.....


Kendrick and I are the closest in age out of all of us kids. As a result, we were always 'the kids'. And while we aren't kids anymore, we're still close. It will be hard not talking to him during this time, but I am so proud of him!

Kendrick- I am praying for you. Stay strong in the Lord and in his Word and live every day for HIS honor and glory. I will be praying that you will be able to do your best! I love you!


1 comment:

Jess said...

that's such a sweet post, helainE! there really is nothing like a brother - they are truly a blessing from God! i'll be praying for kendrick! i'm so glad u blogged! love u!