Below you will see pictures of my first endeavor into wifely duties of a churchgoer. Today we had a potluck dinner at camp as a going away for my parents-in-law, headed to Fiji in two weeks. It also was a welcome for me t the church, but the focus was more on the DeMartes Senior, for which I was glad.
When I attended church in Rhinelander, WI, one of my dear friends, Mrs. Noreen Hare brought a dish to every potluck- by request- that was called Corn Bake. So being that this was my first potluck that I would be bringing something to as a wife, I thought what better dish to bring than just that. So yesterday after the wedding, we stopped for groceries as we were out of cream corn/canned corn.
This morning we got up 'early' to make sure the dish was ready and as I was preparing it, I realized we'd managed to pick up 4 cans of cream corn instead of 2 and 2 of regular canned corn. So Phillip ran downstairs got some frozen corn and we made due. Outside of that little emergency, everything went smoothly, and thanks to 'delay start cooking' on the oven, when we arrived home from church, it was just finishing up. I was really excited to use the new 9x13 carrier that we got as a shower gift, and it worked just as it should.
No comments:
Post a Comment