On April 4th, 2009, my life changed dramatically. And forever. :)
Last weekend I went up to Minnesota to spend some time with Phil. Little did I know what he had planned. On Saturday morning, we drove down to Duluth to meet his grandparents, and then out for lunch. I had no idea. Then we went for a walk on the boardwalk around Lake Superior, and when we got to this garden/stone gazebo thing, he pulled out something, and said, "I have something for you". So, I started unwrapping (oblivious) and it was flowers, so I said "o- flowers" and then unwrapped it further and he said, "And I wanted to ask you to marry me" and the ring was on the stem of one of the roses. I was SO shocked! wow- I didn't answer for a long time, and he was so patient to wait for me. When I finally told him yes- he was pretty happy! :) So all that to say- we're engaged! I can hardly believe it!
We don't have many details set, as we are waiting to see my two brothers, but we're aiming for getting married this fall.... I'll TRY to keep posted on this... you know me!
We don't have many details set, as we are waiting to see my two brothers, but we're aiming for getting married this fall.... I'll TRY to keep posted on this... you know me!

We matched that day without even planning it. :)

6 comments:
YAY YAY YAY! congratulations! PTL! i'm SO happy for u, my helainE! i would SO love to hang out with you right now and get all the juicy details (with squeals inserted here and there) in person! love you! xo
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats! We are so excited for you!
LOVE the pix - and what a GORGEOUS ring! awww...
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
I can't even believe it and I'm soooo stinkin' THRILLED for you Helaine!!! I want to hear ALL about it, my friend. :)
O HELAINE:) i am so very happy to see you have shared pictures with us. thank you so much!! i am extremely happy for you and phil!!!! congratulations!! (and beautiful ring:) hope to see it in person soon!)
Post a Comment