Wednesday, February 06, 2008

School under way...

Well, the Spring Semester of 2008 is definitely here and plowing along. (no pun intended, but we have had huge amounts of snow.) Frequently, I have to stop myself and remember that each day that passes by, I will never have again. February 5th, 2008, will never again be here. My birthday has come and gone, and as I head into my 22nd year of life, I am forced to consider, how many days, months, even years have I wasted in my work for God here on earth, and how many more will I throw away.
As a good friend once said, "we only have 70 years or so here on earth. Why can't we just push for those 70 years? Because then we will rest for eternity!" Too often I sit back and think I need a break, or time to rest, and yet do I also take a break from God, and getting to know Him? Really, if one should be granted a rest, it can only be more time to learn of our great Savior. A songwriter once penned these words (not that long ago...;)) O great God of highest heaven, occupy my lowly heart. Own it all, and reign supreme. Conquer every rebel power let no vice, or sin remain, that resists your holy war. You have loved and purchased me, make me yours forever more. The third verse tells us why...because "You are worthy to be praised, with my EVERY thought and deed, O great God, of highest heaven, glorify your name through me."

I can't get away from the fact that in my sinful flesh, I am a lazy good-for-nothing that wants only my own comfort. And yet God is worthy of so much more than that!


1 comment:

Alisha said...

Thank you, Helaine. That was very thought provoking...and so was the picture=)